Purpose of position
Are you a passionate, hardworking technologist and you want to join our young digital media business operating at the cutting edge of web application development?
We’re looking for a progressive, results-driven individual to head up our team of DevOps Engineers and help drive Awin’s DevOps transformation towards cross-functional teams.
You will be managing six Engineers, providing them with technical and managerial support and leadership. You’ll help to drive projects through close collaboration with other departmental and team leaders.
We work with an exciting mixture of technologies including Chef, Docker, Jenkins, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Graphite, Consul. Full stack details can be found at https://stackshare.io/awin/awin
- Day-to-day management of the Systems Engineering team
- Spreading knowledge in DevOps practices throughout the Technology Department
- Running or guiding pilot projects for new technology
- Skill and knowledge management, goal setting and personal development for the team
- Fostering cross-team collaboration
Skills & Expertise
- Strong leadership and people management
- Experience in software development
- Strong hands-on knowledge of configuration management, IaaS & containers
- Development processes (CI, TDD, BDD)
- Motivational, focused on collaboration, communication and team work
- Experience building services at scale
- Experience utilising open source software and open standards
- Practical experience of agile development practices including Scrum and Kanban
- Broad-based technical expertise including a strong understanding of programming concepts, database design, system architecture and an innate understanding of how things work
- Proven capability as a lead software engineer or team manager
- Excellent leadership, time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations and organisation skills
- Passion and a desire to get things done
- An inquisitive mind
Awin is a global affiliate network and the new name for Affiliate Window and zanox. With 15 offices worldwide, 900 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 6,000 advertisers, Awin connects customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €6,2 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €377 million for its publishers in the last financial year.
If you are interested in joining Awin please apply (and don’t forget to state your salary expectations and your earliest start date) through our website at: https://www.awin.com/gb/careers