Purpose of position
The role of a paralegal is to assist the in-house Legal Counsel and DPO, as well as external lawyers. Daily tasks include corresponding with other corporations, lawyers, and clients, docketing and file maintenance, and document draftings. The Legal Department in Berlin supports all Awin group companies in our 15 different office locations. We are looking for a Paralegal in full-time and for one year.
- Drafting legal correspondence and perform general office and clerical duties
- Assist in-house counsel and external lawyers in preparation for litigation and judicial dispute resolution
- Research records, court files, other legal documents and ad hoc legal requests
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments or organizations
- Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedure and grammatical usage.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and book boardrooms for lawyers
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and frequently controlling confidential materials and documents
- Monitoring of legal costs
- Team coordination, travel planning, booking and billing
- May perform other general office work as required including photocopying and scanning documents
Skills & Expertise
- Bachelors of Law Degree or similar educational qualification
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a legal support role either in private practice or in house
- Fluent English skills and basic/intermediate German skills a bonus
- Excellent Microsoft skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with intellectual property matters including maintaining and managing IP database including submitting IP applications considered a bonus
- Positive, confident, “can-do” attitude
- Team player with the ability to work independently and with limited supervision, uses own initiative
Awin is a global affiliate network and the new name for Affiliate Window and zanox. With 15 offices worldwide, 900 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 6,000 advertisers, Awin connects customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €6,2 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €377 million for its publishers in the last financial year.
If you are interested in joining Awin please apply (and don’t forget to state your salary expectations and your earliest start date) through our website at: https://www.awin.com/gb/careers